If you’re looking for a recipe for Dairy-Free and Soy-Free Vegan butter, you found it.
And you don’t need to scroll through my life’s story to get to it. 😉
Dairy-free, Soy-free butter recipe
– ½ cup coconut oil
– ½ cup avocado oil
– 1 ½ cup shortening
(I use the no-name brand of soy-free, dairy-free shortening from Superstore/Independent)
– 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
-½ – 1 Tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp mustard powder
– ½ tsp egg yolk powder* (see home-made recipe for this)
– Put all ingredients into mixer with whisk/beater attachment
– Mix on low levels to start – 1, 2, 3 – to get started, and keep splatter down
– Turn up to 5 once the ingredients begin to blend
– Scrape down sides of mixer bowl
– Resume blending up to 11; takes about 3 minutes to whip to a thick consistency
– This mixture should come out thick, stiff and fluffy.
This recipe makes 4 cups. Kept in the fridge it keeps a consistency that is softer than refrigerated butter and stiffer than refrigerated margarine… easy to spread on toast, and useful in baking cookies, cakes, and making buttercream frosting.