If you’re looking for a recipe for Dairy-Free and Soy-Free Vegan butter, you found it. And you don’t need to scroll through my life’s story to get to it. 😉
- Chia seed – grind down in coffee grinder
- (This is a 4 egg recipe in the images for a big batch of cookies. The ingredients listed here are for one egg)
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seed
- ½ Tbsp ground flax seed
- ¼ cup liquid of choice (I use unsweetened oat beverage)
- ⅛ tsp (egg-free) egg-yolk powder* (see home-made recipe for this)
- Stir all ingredients together and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Make sure seeds don’t clump.
Ground chia seed with liquid makes a thick, gooey consistency that helps bind other ingredients together. Ground flax does the same but slightly less gooey; however a bit more creamy than the chia, so I like to use both together.